Terms & Conditions
- The Organiser invite the public to take part in impactful activities (“Opportunities”). The aim is to engage and empower people, organisations and businesses through good deeds across Africa.
- To join, participants are required to sign up on the website (“the Platform”).
- Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the campaign.
Conditions of Participation
- Participation on the Platform constitutes acceptance of these Terms and participants accordingly agree to abide by these Terms, as well as the general terms and conditions applicable to the Organiser, from time to time.
- No sign-ups from agents, third parties, organised groups, or sign-ups automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted sign-ups will be accepted. Sign-ups will only be accepted if they comply with all instructions.
- The Organiser shall have the right to change or terminate any Opportunities immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of these Opportunities and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Organiser or its agents.
- You may not use the Platform or participate in Opportunities in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Platform or to any other person or the environment, or in any other way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
Warranty and Liability Disclaimer
- Neither the Organiser, its agents, affiliates, associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss, damage or harm, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
- You warrant that all information you provide to us, including but not limited to your email address and contact numbers, will be correct, and should they not be correct, you undertake to correct your information as soon as reasonably possible.
- All participants and/or their legal guardians, as the case may be, indemnify the Organiser and its affiliates, employees, officers, directors, advertising agencies, advisors, contractors and suppliers (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this campaign. None of the Indemnified Parties will have any liability towards any person that enters and/or participates in Opportunities in respect of any claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in Opportunities.
- The Organiser shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to Opportunities that may result in a sign-up not being successfully submitted.
- Unless indicated otherwise, all the content, trademarks and data on the Platform, including software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks and designs belong to the Organiser or are licensed to us.
- Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name and age, or any other information you provide when registering or interacting on the Platform.
- You acknowledge and accept that your contact information submitted voluntarily via the Platform may be passed between the Organiser and its affiliates. This is primarily so that you can be kept informed of other Opportunities that may be of interest to you. You accordingly give permission for Brownie Points to contact you via phone/SMS/email, or any other form of communication, for any current or future marketing and/or advertising purposes. Should you not wish to receive any further communication from Brownie Points, you may opt-out by emailing your request to [email protected] or by clicking the relevant “unsubscribe” button which shall be included with any such communication sent to you.
- In addition to the above, we may disclose and/or retain your personal information: in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; in order to establish, exercise or defend any of our legal rights (including but not limited to providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); in the course of our business and commercial activities; and to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another participant, or any member of the public.
- By participating in Opportunities, you agree to the publication of your name and other basic information which is voluntarily provided by the participant.
- Any personal data submitted by you will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and these Terms.
- We may collect indirect information from all users of the Platform in order to maintain the Platform’s basic functionality, or to anonymously track what users do on our Platform, in the form of cookies. This includes IP addresses, and web browser information.
- The Organiser may require the participant (without the payment of compensation) to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, online or to appear on radio or television, when participating in the campaign. Should this publicity become necessary, the participant may be required to sign a letter of consent. The participant may decline the use of his/her image in marketing material and participation in any marketing activity.
- Once consent is received, the Organiser and or its affiliates, shall have the perpetual right to use any photographs and/or promotional footage of the participant, however it chooses, without remuneration payable to the participant.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms, please email us at [email protected]